To help HIV+ individuals who suffer from addictions obtain the tools needed to have productive lives by facilitating physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing. |
To facilitate culturally competent substance abuse & mental health treatment services for people living with HIV/AIDS. IMPACT encourages a strong commitment to a chemical-free lifestyle and assists with the reintegration into the family and community.
IMPACT is a licensed program offering a six-month treatment experience for HIV+ adults with a history of substance abuse. The program consists of 120 days of 17-20 hours per week (ASAM Level II.I) in an intensive outpatient program and 120 days of continuing care 4-8 hours per week (ASAM Level I).
- English-speaking adults (18+)
- Proof of residency within the 21-county Metro-Atlanta area
- Proof of HIV+ status & income
- History of alcohol and/or other drug dependency
- Proof of negative PPD (TB) test (within 90 days)
- Proof of negative RPR test (within 90 days)
- Documentation of any mental health history
- Commitment to comply with all program rules and physically able to participate