Positive Impact facilitates a broad range of culturally competent HIV-related programs and services including:
Mental health interventions are related to beneficial psychological outcomes such as reduced stress, increased self-esteem, decreased anxiety and managed depression. In research conducted at Positive Impact, clients showed significant reductions in the severity both of psychological distress and of their response to HIV-related stigma.
- individual, couples, and family counseling for mental health, substance abuse and other addiction issues in both English and Spanish at the central office and at offsite primary care locations
- IMPACT, a licensed intensive drug and alcohol treatment and education program with a Continuing Care program
- group counseling and psychological support groups in English and Spanish
- psychiatric clinic including assessment and adherence monitoring
- mental health outreach to homeless persons and persons living in housing programs designed for people with HIV
- a clinical internship program for students in Professional Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health and Addiction Counseling
- training for mental health and social services providers on HIV-related mental health and substance abuse issues
- outcome based research programs designed to identify the most effective manner in which to provide HIV-related mental health services.